Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:29:59 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any opinions on 'Sparklan' WiFi cards?

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 05:23:33PM +0100, Scott Mitchell wrote:
[snip]
> They're pretty cheap -- £56 for the PCCard and £68 for the PCI from
> http://www.scan.co.uk/, so maybe worth a go if they're not complete
> rubbish.

Be aware that PC World are currently selling the Sitecom PCMCIA-to-PCI
bridge adapters for 25 UKP or so on Tottenham Court Road, London.

These have the Ricoh RL5C475 bridge chip and appear to have no other logic,
so it may be safe to assume that they're not locked to any specific brand
of 802.11 card (or PCMCIA device for that matter). I haven't bought one yet,
though, so I can't confirm this, but I did get a good look at one in the
anti-static wrapping inside the box.

BMS