Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:51:51 +0000
From:      Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org" <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Philips SAA7130

I've been still trying to get my AverMedia Hybrid PCMCIA card to work, but =
I don't think its coming anytime soon. Trouble is I've been trying to use t=
he linux compat but I haven't got any answer on how, I've asked about how t=
o build a driver (so I might be able to use linux compat and use the driver=
s from there) but got no answer- I reckon for the new tv cards you might ne=
ed to go to linux. There are current linux drivers available for Avermedia =
at linuxtv.org but I can't get them to work on bsd unfortunately. I'd like =
to get it to work on bsd, but I keep coming up blanks and it seems beyond m=
y skills to build a driver for it.
Currently I'm using fc8 to run my multimedia, and I'll use bsd on my server=
s. Seems to be the only way atm, but I will be watching...

> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:39:30 +0100> From: Ladislav.Ardo@aoes.com> To: =
freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com> CC: freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org> Subject: =
Re: Philips SAA7130> > Dieter wrote:> >>> please, supports FreeBSD chipset =
Philips SAA7130 (in TV tuners) ???> >>> exactly a TV card AverMedia AverTV =
GO 007 ?> >>>> >>> thank you :-)> >>>> >> I have Philips SAA7135hl ENLTV TV=
/Radio Tuner and I've been waiting for > >> its support for 3 years. I reco=
llect that someone have promised to work > >> on it one day but I haven't h=
eard about any progress since. :(> >> > Have you found datasheets for the c=
hips?> I don't mean to come over as a strange person by saying this (a bad =
> habit) - but - typing "Philips SAA7130 datasheet" into google returns > d=
ata sheet in pds format for SAA7130 in first, second and following hits.> >=