Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:44:22 +0200
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@stud.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gvinum behaviour on disk failure

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:35:01PM +0930, Alastair Watts wrote:
> R. B. Riddick wrote:
>
> So is gvinum now to be considered End Of Maintenance/Life?

I'm currently working on getting gvinum a bit up to date to support the old
vinum features, but I still have some commands to implement before it's
complete. A lot of this is only in perforce right now, until someone can commit
it for me.

Gvinum is not just a software-raid tool. It's a volume manager, and should be
updated to support more advanced volume-manager features. Right now it maintains
it's own raid 0,1 and 5 implementations, and this kind of duplicates maintanance
a bit. Rewriting gvinum to use the new geom classes would be nice, but it's
a lot of work.

--
Mvh Ulf Lilleengen