Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:53:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ivar Hosteng <ivar@romulus.hosteng.org>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with crashing rc564 program solved

Last night I reported having problems with the kernel hanging when I tried
to run the rc564 program on my dual ppro 200Mhz freebsd system. As I was
told this had to bee related to faulty hardware.

After checking into this I discovered that a co-worker had changed the cpu
cooler on one of the ppros in my machine from one with a fan on it to a
fan less one.

After reposessing my old cpu cooler it now seems to work ok.

What I need now is help to figure out some cruel punishment for the
'thief' that caused all the problems i have been experiencing ;->.

Regards,
Ivar Hosteng
email: ivar@hosteng.org