Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2012 17:01:15 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        jb <jb.1234abcd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compile/install Libreoffice Writer only

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 12:12:17 +0000 (UTC), jb wrote:
> Polytropon <freebsd <at> edvax.de> writes:
>

> > On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 05:11:50 +0000 (UTC), jb wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > is there a way to do that right now in ports (config, make options) ?
> > > Or would that require separate source packaging per component ?
> >
> > I'm not aware that this is possible, as LibreOffice (like
> > OpenOffice) is designed as an "integrated package" containing
> > various interconnected parts of office productivity programs.
> > So I assume it's not easy to build _only_ one component.
>
> It is possible - those Linux lollipops offer such in some distros, prepackaged.

Interesting, I didn't think that was possible. Does this come
with a _separated_ build for all the components that have such
a corresponding package, or is it simply not containing the
binaries for the "other" components?

For example, you could build a whole OO or LO suite and just
have one selected binary installed, but that wouldn't be very
precise regarding the question "Writer only"...

If it would be possible to have the components as separate
ports in FreeBSD it would be helpful for selectively installing
stuff, e. g. if only one or two components of the office suite
are really needed (or allowed!) to be _built_ and installed.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany