Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:37:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        kline@thought.org
Cc:        tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de, kline@thought.org, tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: build of teTeX stalled

 * 	That explains it.  I've been bitten by having duplicates
 * 	of a binary at least once before.  The perl (perl4) binary
 * 	is in /usr/bin; my checkbook port, ccb, requires perl5.

Yeah.  You should really put /usr/bin in front of /usr/local/bin
in your PATH though, as we really can't check everything that is
installed by ports (or by users themselves).

If THAT doesn't work, you can always hardcode it.

Satoshi