Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 18:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Tim Pushor <timp@rnd.orion.ab.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating bootable floppy

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Tim Pushor wrote:

> Does anybody know how to possibly create a bottable floppy? I need two
> different ones, for different situations:

Um, you probably don't want to build one yourself -- it involves building
the whole system.

What you want, it sounds like, is the 'fixit' floppy.  YOu boot the
standard boot.flp then select 'fixit' and shove the fixit floppy in.  That
gets you a good set of tools to unwedge your system.

Another suggestion is to make a backup root on a second hard disk, if the
system is using more than one.  Then if one blows up you can use the Boot:
prompt to point it to the second disk.  Stash the utils you need on that
root and you should be set.

What do you need RPC for?  NFS?  I would assume you just need them to fix
the system so it'll reboot properly, not drive one from the other.