Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:12:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marcel Stangenberger <marcel@hayholt.org>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3c589/PCMCIA.

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, lewiz wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 02:47:29AM +0100, Marcel Stangenberger wrote:
> > tried them both, it found my card in both pcmcia slots (baseport 300, irq
> > 10) but freebsd is still not finding them in either of the pcmcia ports.
>
> Can you supply a dmesg dump, maybe I can see what's it's doing
> differently to mine.

it won't dump cause i can't get freebsd to install. (no cdrom in the
laptop so i need a network install) If i look at the install log (on the
second console (ALT-F2)) i do see that freebsd finds a pcmcia card in the
slot. And is trying to detect what kind of card it is. It loads a few
networkdrivers but as far as i can see they are all pci drivers. It seems
that the card is simply not recognized.