Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:28:07 -0500
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        "eric ." <anon025@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: routing table. deleting broadcast

"eric ." <anon025@hotmail.com> wrote,

>i think what screwing up my network, [ie0: too many collisions] is the
>broadcast to the other machine on my routing table, i tried deleting it
>using:
>
>route delete 192.168.255.0
>192.168.255.0> is the destination, the gateway is ff:ff: blah blah,
>broadcast,

Sounds like you are talking about the output of netstat -rn. Correct?
Perhaps you could post the exact output of that command.

>how do i delete.

Are you trying to delete the route to a specific host, or to a network? In
either case, which host or which network? man route for details and
definitive info on how to do it.

>also, someone told me that because i have a 7ft crosscable, that i should
>buy a 14ft, and that would solve the problem, they said thats why i'm having
>'too many collisions', is this true?

Sound like bullshit to me, Batman. My cables range from 2 ft. to 75 ft.,
and it makes no apparent difference.

HTH.

--
Chris Hill                   chris@monochrome.org