Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 11:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Timothy P. Sparks" <Timothy.Sparks@GDEsystems.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Release Notes 2.1, Ref Hard Drives/Controllers

Hello,

  I have been reviewing the release notes for 2.1 FreeBSD and I didn't see
any info regarding built-in PCI Enhanced IDE controller. Does FreeBSD
support this. I have a Pentium 100 motherboard with a built in Enhanced IDE
controller which I also believe is PCI. I'm at work at present and don't
have the docs with me. I also have a 1.6G IDE hard Drive that I was going
to dedicate to this system. When I load the boot floppy, neither the hard
drive nor controller are recognized. Am I stuck with going out and buying
a bunch of SCSI hardware or are there options available booting with the
"-c" option to account for the EIDE controller? A prompt reply would be
greatly appreciated. If I'm stuck buying the hardware then I'd like to
do it tonight if possible. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

R/

Tim Sparks
Tim Sparks                         *   Logical         And Uncle Sam
sparkstp@gdesystems.com            *   Intelligent     doesn't want to hear
                                   *   Efficient       about any LIES!!!!
                                   *   Supportable