Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:05:27 -0500
From:      "Dylan Cochran" <a134qaed@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hard lock on 7.1-RC1

I'm hitting a strange lockup on 7.1-RC1, where some socket operations
seem to stall, as well as basic file operations. The only reproducable
way I have of triggering it is by doing multiple inserts into
phpmyadmin on lighttpd+fastcgi php5 + mysql51-server, though this
isn't the only thing which triggers it, just the only one which is
semi reliable. I've also reproduced this on another machine, set up
specifically to rule out any machine specific problems (as they have
different drive controllers, one uses gjournal, etc).

I inititially built a kernel with SW_WATCHDOG, and attempted to use
watchdogd and DDB to get an output from show locks, but the watchdogd
hasn't panicked the machine, so at least devfs is still unlocked; I'm
not able to get physical access to the machine until monday.

The bug was introduced as far as I can tell, between 7.1-BETA2 and 7.1-RC1.

Any suggestions on what I can test for tommorow?