Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:35:20 -0800
From:      Andriy Babiy <ABabiy@shaw.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AudioCD file tags

Hi all,

My question is simple: what program should I use to set the tags?
Actually, I need to change tags of audio tracks before burning them with k3b.
I am not sure if those tags are the same that can be changed in mp3 files.
I tried to change tags through:
1) KDE Konqueror (right click on a filename -> Properties -> Meta Info);
2) tagmp3;
3) k3b (right click on an audio track -> Properties... -> Title/Performer, no
Year/Genre tags there);
I can see all the tags in KHex editor, I can see differencies in tags when I
change any of them using any of the aforementioned methods. But when I play
them with KsCD, I see that some of disks were burnt with correct information
(Performer / Album / Title), but many of them didn't have this information at
all, so they are shown as Unknown Performer and Track 1 (2, 3, etc.).
It looks that my changes had no effect at all.
Is it a problem of setting tags? Or is it a problem of KsCD recognizing tags?
Or is it a conflict of tag writing software versions? Or is it a problem with
character encoding? Or is it simply a problem of my configuration?

Many thanks in advance for your advise.

Andriy