Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 2003 20:30:48 -0000
From:      "David Jenkins" <dstar@nildram.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unable to delete empty directory /var/tmp/temproot

Hi,

I am new to FreeBSD and recently completed my first build/installworld.
Everything went fine, except after running mergemaster it seems I have a
directory which I am unable to delete - /var/tmp/temproot.

When I searched the mailing lists I found a thread relating to this
problem but it did not say how to fix it.

The problem directory as I'm sure you all know is
/var/tmp/temproot/var/empty.

I have tried running mergemaster again and tried deleting it from within
there.

I have also tried:

# chflags noschg empty/
chflags: empty/: Operation not permitted
chflags: empty/: Operation not permitted

# chmod -R 0700 empty/
chmod: empty/: Operation not permitted

Please could someone point me in the right direction with this.

Regards,

David