Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 20:02:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        Ben Black <black@zen.cypher.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Returned mail: Local configuration error (fwd)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Ben Black wrote:

> chris:
>
> add the following line to your sendmail.cf, then kill and restart sendmail.
>
> Cwbb.cc.wa.us
>

> b3n
Thanks, I think that fixed it.  My sendmail Guru is off on Paternity leave
(his wife had a baby).  I had all kind of problems with this new
3.0 upgrade.  The installation went very smoothly (good job Jordan)  But i
had a hard time reconfiguring all the reconfigurations I had previously
made. (mostly because of my confusion with the new rc.stuff)

 I think I am still having a few problems though. I didn't see the
options
ARP_PROXYALL in the LINT file?  I just used my old kernel config file to
rebuild a new kernel, and didn't have any compile problems, but I am
getting complaints that ppp is not letting people through.  Usually I just
had to rebuild the kernel with ARP_PROXYALL enabled and things would work,
Did this change with 3.0?  Do I need to enable GATEWAY in the rc.conf?

I think I like the rc.conf stuff, but I would like a list of the files
that I can change and one of the ones that I should keep my hands off.
The network setup stuff in the rc.conf didn't seem very apparent, it
didn't have a "real" example of a net card like sysconfig had at one
point.  I would have liked an "ed0" example instead of just the localhost
one.  (commented out of course).

I'll keep looking at the 3.0 "features" and give feed back.  Should I
direct such feedback to a different list.  I usually only subscribe to
-hackers.

Thanks  I really Appreciate this List.  You put up with so much!

	--Chris Coleman