Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:51:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Preliminary sys/netinet style patch

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Xin LI wrote:

> I have a patchset to remove tailing spaces, convert leading spaces to
> tabs, and removes spaces before tabs. The patchset is generated with the
> following shell command sequence:
>
> sed -i '' -E s/\ \      /\      /g *.c *.h
> sed -i '' -E s/\ +\$//g *.c *.h
>
> Because the patchset may cause many conflicit with developers working on
> netinet/, is this valuable to apply the patchset right now?

I think it would make sense to defer this until merging of the netperf,
ipfw, and arp-related changes is completed.  However, I'm happy to get
these and related cleanups into the code just before 5.3.  If a month
passes and it hasn't happened, please ping me. :-)

robert@fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research