Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:12:05 +0200
From:      F.Xavier Noria <fxn@retemail.es>
To:        "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [OT]Dual Boot - Linux Red Hat/XP

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:52:05 +1200
"Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz> wrote:

: I want to dual boot XP and Red Hat Linux. Unfortunately it seems not has easy has dual booting 2000 and Freebsd.

: Any ideas?

If it may help, I dual boot FreeBSD and Windows XP using the XP boot
manager.  To accomplish it I copied /boot/boot1 to C:\free.bsd using a
floppy and the wrote C:\boot.ini like this

  [boot loader]
  timeout=30
  default=C:\free.bsd
  [operating systems]
  C:\free.bsd="FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE"
  multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP"

which results in FreeBSD being the first option and being selected by
default in the menu.

I bet it can be done with Linux that way.

-- fxn