Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:32:12 +0100
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        ia64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is it skiload, or is it me?

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

Hello everyone.
Thanks for helping me in getting the ski to load skiload.

I brind one more dillema.  I have 'brandelf -f 0 skiload'. =20
Although, when I execute 'xski skiload' in /c2/build/boot=20
(the /boot directory), the loader 'skiload' loads, but I=20
get the following error:

%%%
Script started on Sun Jun  9 22:40:22 2002
hitenp@hpdi:1m/c2/build/boot%m bski -noconsole -nonet skiload
Console: ia64 SKI console

FreeBSD/ia64 ia64 SKI boot, Revision 0.2
(hitenp@hpdi.ath.cx, Fri Jun  7 16:49:43 BST 2002)
/
can't load 'kernel'

Type '?' for a list of commands, 'help' for more detailed help.
OK

Script done on Sun Jun  9 22:45:42 2002
%%%

I know the error is obvious, that the kernel does not exist, but
the my keyboard gets locked up, i.e I can not type anything in the
window.  Has this error been investigated before or am I missing a
step?

Also, it is possible for someone to provide me with some brief steps=20
on what would be the steps after this.  This will go towards an ia64
FAQ. (see the P.S.)

Thanks.
P.S.  Once I get SKI to boot the kernel, I want to produce an FAQ;
maybe this will bring more porters towards this project.  Also,
Marcel, what do you think of the ia64 site diff I provided for review?

--=20
Hiten Pandya
http://storm.uk.FreeBSD.org/~hiten
Finger hiten@storm.uk.FreeBSD.org for PGP public key
-- 4FB9 C4A9 4925 CF97 9BF3  ADDA 861D 5DBD E4E3 03C3=20

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--