Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 02:03:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   mknetid

I'm having an odd problem.  I was installing on a remotely mounted
machine, and it broke when it got to /usr/src/libexec/mknetid.  I went to
the machine that had the tree, cd'ed to mknetid, and noticed it didn't
have an obj, so I did a make obj.  Still no obj.  OK, I went back to
/usr/src, and did a make obj, and a few minutes later rechecked mknetid,
still no obj.

I hand made the /usr/obj/libexec/mknetid, and make a softlink from
/usr/src/libexec/mknetid/obj to /usr/obj/libexec/mknetid.  I did a make
clean, depend, and all, and no binaries of obj files showed up in either
/usr/src/libexec/mknetid, /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/obj, or (I checked )
/usr/obj/libexec/mknetid.  Make thougth it was, it refused to rebuild the
sources again, unless I did a make clean, then it would rebuild them.

Where the heck are the objs?  I see the gcc command lines building
them, and the gunzip line compressing the man page.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |