Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:26:32 +0100
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: which ftpd to use?

Daniel Lang wrote (2003/03/26):
> We used to have proftpd but, that one runs in to problems with
> respect to very long connection delays under load, etc.

proftpd is very bad, when anybody uses recursive listing :-(

> Btw, is FreeBSD's ftpd now the "lukemftpd" ?? Or not?
> It's still in the ports....

lukemftpd in NetBSD has been renamed to tnftpd and it is
NetBSD's continuation of standard BSD's ftpd. I switched to
it on ftp-master.cz.FreeBSD.org, but I did not search for
heavy load reduction, but for the possibility to have access
control list. However, in case of commiters/maintainers interest,
I have updated port for latest tnftpd-2.0-beta3.tar.gz.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology