Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:45:16 +0600
From:      Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports without configure do not receive CC

--Sig_X379ay6uY92/fOn/lo9=7__

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:53:54 +0200
"[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de> mentioned:

> Ports that do not set CC in their configure target don't get informed abo=
ut the value of CC because it is only appended to MAKE_ENV for the configur=
e target.

I think it doesn't present a big problem for i don't know a single
port that sets up value of CC variable in it's Makefile. Thus, we
have only 3 scenarios:
1) CC is set up on make commandline (e.g. make CC=3Dxxx). In that case
make program will export value of CC to enviropment and every
make program executed will receive it
2) CC is exported to sheel enviropment. This case is obvious.
3) CC was defined in make.conf. In that case if GNU make isn't used
in do-build stage make will re-read make.conf and, thus, honor CC's
value. I think we should not consider GNU make's case - it's used
much less often, than our original make program.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581

--Sig_X379ay6uY92/fOn/lo9=7__

--Sig_X379ay6uY92/fOn/lo9=7__--