Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:33:40 +0100
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@mindstep.com>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dell PowerVault 725N support

Hi,

A client of mine would like to purchase a Dell PowerVault 725N machine to
act as a file server. He is asking me if FreeBSD can run on this machine.

I tried to get as much information as possible from Dell's web site, but the
only reference to chipsets and such was 'ServerWorks GC-SL w/CIOB-E'.
Looking at the hardware notes for the upcoming FreeBSD 4.8 I don't see this
mentionned anywhere, but it might be just a marketing name for something
old.

Anyway, these machines use 1.7GHz Celerons and come with 4 IDE drives
configured in RAID5, 2 Gigabit ethernet devices.

If anybody has any experience with them, please let me know. Otherwise if
anybody has any recommendation for a similarly configured machine that is
known to work with FreeBSD 4.x, I would really appreciate the info.

Thanks,

Patrick.