Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:23:21 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: HP Netserver LC2000 with FreeBSD?

	Matthias,

	I've got an LC 2000 that I use as a workstation.  It works fine under
FreeBSD 4.3.  I don't know if the SMP or RAID are supported, I imagine that
they should be, since everything else in the machine is supported.

	The onboard NIC is supported, it's an fxp NIC (uses an Intel chipset).

	The motherboard's chipset is actually a ServerWorks chipset.

	The video is a little tough to setup, since HP doesn't really list all of
the info, but it is an ATI chipset, and it works well for having 2 Megs.

	If you have any questions (or know of any good hardware vendors selling the
HDD trays for these machines), let me know.

--- Andy