Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:27:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@yahoo.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm driver and avifile a nogo

If I use the PCM audio driver, avifile plays double (or triple)-time very
staticy sound for the AVI file.  With Voxware, aviplay plays the audio just
fine.

Here are my 4.2-RELEASE kernel lines.  Note I have a Sound Blaster 32
(basically, a Vibra SB16 as far as the pcm side goes).

Was I doing anything wrong with PCM?  Anybody else had success with a SB16
card and PCM?

   PCM:

     device       pcm0
     device       sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

   VOXWARE:

     device       snd0
     device       sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
     device       sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
     device       sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
     device       opl0     at isa? port 0x388

Thanks,

Randall

(P.S. Posting from yahoo because freebsd's mail server is a bit buggy in its
spam rejection logic.)