Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:05:05 -0400
From:      "Peter Brezny" <peter@skyrunner.net>
To:        "Aaron Voisine" <voisine@bytemobile.com>, <gehicks@gehicks.dyndns.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: picobsd -net flavor with telnet possible?

I've just discovered that when after the floppy build, there's just a number
in my inetd.conf file.

Something's getting miffed up during build time.  I've attempted removing
the build directory and the kernel file that the picobsd build script
produces with no luck.

So, I manually edited the inetd.conf file on the floppy, and still, no
connection when I attempt to telnet into it.

Starting
inetd -d -l -p /etc/inetd.conf

doesn't show anything when connections fail.

I don't' have syslog on the system.

I only need to have one telnet session at a time to this box.  I wonder if
there isn't a way to just configure the command line start of telnetd to run
again after a connection closes?

putting

telnetd -debug 23

in rc.local starts it up fine, and works like a charm for 1 telnet session.
Any simple way to make it start up again after the connection closes?

Thanks again for your help.

Peter Brezny
Skyrunner.net