Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 23:11:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Subject:   Re: Final request for help with release.  (DPT boot floppy)

Hi Tom Samplonius;  On 22-Aug-97 you wrote:

>  On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Nate Williams wrote:
>
> > > And then I'll just go back to solaris which works :)
> >
> > And is slower than a dog.  I guess you'd need that RAID system to get
> > decent I/O performance out of it. :) :)
>
>    According to a simple test with dd that I ran on the identical
>  hardware
>  with 2.2-stable and Solaris 2.5.1 x86, the performance results are
>  basically the same.
>
>  Tom

I take this as a compliment.  Thank you.  How high is the load in your test.
We reject here anything under 256 concurrent processes and release after
1024 concurrent processes ran continually for 48 hours.  Then it goes to
System Test which does who know what...

Simon

Almost forgot;  Still have to see a Solaris box survive this test.  Let
alone perform as well as FreeBSD in these casual tests.

Simon