Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:37:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Adding this to the fact that the "games" there are antiquated and
> probably never actually played by anyone suggests, to me, a strong
> need to simply nuke the bloody things once and for all and stop
> distributing games from anywhere but /usr/ports/games (where fortune,
> arguably one of the few "games" still in wide use, could easily be
> moved).

	Maybe they aren't any fun to the "old guard", but newbies often
find them entertaining.  This can be anyone form a child to a spouse.  My
wife liked playing hangman for a while.  What can I say? ;-)

	The games is already a separate distribution bundle, so other
than fixing the legal issues as the arise, I'd like to see them stay in
the base source tree.  It's kind of a heritage/tradition thing to me.

	Besides, what happens to section 6 of the manual if you ditch the
games?

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,