Date:      Tue, 2 May 2006 20:47:58 +0000
From:      Zsolt =?ISO-8859-2?Q?K=FAti?= <kutizs@t-online.hu>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no sound with ICH6

On Tue, 2 May 2006 22:23:08 +0200
Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:

> Am Tue, 2 May 2006 20:03:54 +0000
> schrieb Zsolt K=FAti <kutizs@t-online.hu>:
[..]=20
> Just to make sure: "vol" and "pcm" are at ~75 when running "mixer" and
> you don't hear anything?
I use xfce and its tools for set things like that. Had no problems
whatsoever with them 'till now. At work I have almost the same HW (HP
Compaq dc5100 MT, perhaps that's ICH5), FreeBSD 5.3, but no problem with
sound on that. So I was a bit suprised seeing this on my home machine.
With a dual boot to WinXP I can confirm a HW failure can be excluded.
=20
> What's the output device, a headphone (please try with something
> else), or a stereo (please try a headphone)?
Yes, I tried a headphone as well to no avail.

Anyway, thanks Alexander for the quick response!

Zsolt