Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:06:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   "dup alloc" - follow up on Warner's suggestion (2.2-GAMMA)

Warner suggested that I try the latest 2.2-GAMMA kernel, to
ensure this problem had not been fixed by some other 2.2-GAMMA
changes.

I've just FTPd the floppy images from ftp.freebsd.org (the 2.2-GAMMA
970225 images); and tried my "dup alloc" test case.

2.2-GAMMA continues to fail this test...  so, the problem still
exists there (at least as of 2/25.)

Since so few people have reported this problem; and so many people
are successfully running 2.2 (as they did previous releases) I don't
think we should hold up 2.2 for this fix... it would be nice to
fix it, though.

	- Dave Rivers -