Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:58:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        dougb@freebsd.org (Doug Barton)
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request: Please hook up IPv6 to cvsup mirrors

Doug Barton wrote:
 > Now here comes the request. My understanding is that there is a fairly
 > simple netcat trick to link the cvsup port on the IPv6 address to that
 > of the IPv4 address. If that actually is possible, I'd like to request
 > that y'all actually do that. :)

You can also use the 6tunnel tool (ports/net/6tunnel),
which is fairly easy to use:

# 6tunnel -6 5999 127.0.0.1 5999

If everything else fails, you can even use FreeBSD's
base ssh(1) to create v6-to-v4 tunnels, provided that
the encryption overhead is no problem for you (or use
a patched openssh that supports "-c none"):

# ssh -gNR '[your_v6_address]/5999/127.0.0.1/5999' 127.0.0.1

(You also need to enable the GatewayPorts option in
your sshd_config(5) file, then restart sshd(8).)

Best regards
   Oliver

"In My Egoistical Opinion, most people's C programs should be indented
six feet downward and covered with dirt."
        -- Blair P. Houghton