Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:25:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Osterweil <ginipginob@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   isc-dhcp3-server and OS X

Hey everyone,

I've been struggling with something that I think is a
compatibility issue for some time.  I have been
running the isc-dhcp3-server for some time now.
Recently, one of the macintoshes on my network
upgraded from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4 and had their airport
extreme software move up as well.

Basically, I've re-OSed the mac, and I can still only
get a lease from the dhcp server once in a LONG while.
 What's worse is, I am able to connect to other DHCP
servers (like those built into access points).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?  If I
do a tcpdump on the mac, I can see it receive
information, but the lease doesn't seem to register
with the networking software.  Is this a known issue
w/ OS X?

Thanks in advance... Please reply to me directly as I
am not on this mailing list,

Eric Osterweil