Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:31:11 +0800 (PHT)
From:      "Francis A. Vidal" <francis@usls.edu>
To:        "Ian R. Justman" <ianj@calweb.com>
Cc:        Mitch Vincent <mitch@venux.net>, FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Qpopper and hashed directories

---- Quoting Ian R. Justman's message, sent 02/17/00 1:07pm ----

> True, he MTA would deliver, though the MDA would be what really
> deal with those directories (in this case, Procmail).
>
> I am curious whether anyone had already implemented directory
> hashing for reading and handling such directories in Qpopper
> (which we rather need to stay with presently, though my workplace
> is considering going to CUCIPOP).

We've done this using the UW IMAP package. The users' home directories
are hashed depending on their lastname, for example:

	User: Juan Cruz
	Username: jcruz
	Home: /home/users/c/jcruz
	Mailspool: /home/users/c/jcruz/.mailbox

--
francis vidal	university of st. la salle, bacolod city, philippines
. . . . . . .	PGP key available via e-mail / subject: get PGP key