Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 19:20:38 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Jim Freeze" <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing and Running PostgreSQL on FreeBSD 3.1

"Jim Freeze" writes:
> > > Also, what is the advantage of using TCL. I plan on using PHP3 for my
> main
> > > access to the databases. Or  am I missing the point?
> >
> > pgaccess is the only thing that requires TCL/TK, unless you write

I wasn't very precise above. Change to "the only thing IN POSTGRESQL
that requires TCL/TK".

> > something yourself. While you can use psql to browse/build your
> > database(s), pgaccess appears to be a very good graphical psql.
>
> I take it that pgaccess is not on the 4 CDROM set from Walnut Creek?
> I did find a copy at

Don't know if it is on the CDROM set or not. Haven't looked lately
because its too easy to type: "make install" and let the port fetch it.
IE: its easier to dial the phone than to mount a CDROM.

> ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pub/pgaccess/pg-access-0.96.tar.gz
>
> Does this work for FBSD? How is it installed?

# cd /usr/ports/databases/pgaccess/
# make install && make clean