Date:      Thu, 22 May 2014 19:33:39 +0400
From:      "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Net <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT]: ipfw named tables / different tabletypes

On 22.05.2014 18:56, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:

It looks like we have reached some kind of consensus on table naming,
so I'm going to implement the following as the first part:

* named-only tables, no "user-visible" indexes
* Keep the same opcodes, use additional TLVs to pass names in rules
* Use explicit userland object names retrieval while listing
* Make the previous ones easily extendable for other ipfw objects
* Introduce table references and explicit typecasting (while permitting
user to refernce non-existing tables)

* leave table atomics for one the next stages

Are you OK with this?