Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 18:56:18 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        Bert van de Grift <bert@vdgrift.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compile error proftpd 1.3.0_1

--nextPart2162823.qZJ1uaKNzn

On Sunday 14 May 2006 02:31, Bert van de Grift wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 01:46:27AM -0800, Beech Rintoul wrote:

> > > Yes but, yes but :-)
> > >
> > > I've gcc-3.4.6,1 installed from the ports. Should be ok or not?
> >
> > Should be ok, as long as it compiles. Let me know how things turn out.
>
> There's not much more I can do, all my ports are the current version. At
> least I have a work-around.
>
> I can imagine that you don't want to invest much time in fixing this
> problem since 4.11 is quite old but if you want me to do some tests I'm
> willing to do so...

I would, except that the port builds with the stock getopt and gcc that com=
es=20
with 4.11.  I don't have the hardware to do the testing required to make su=
re=20
I don't end up breaking the port for everyone else. Removing libgnugetopt s=
o=20
that the port builds seems a reasonable work around. I tried building on 6x=
=20
and -CURRENT with that lib installed and didn't have any build problems. If=
=20
someone with a 4x box feels like chasing this down, I'm willing to test a=20
patch from there.

Beech
=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com