Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 16:57:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, martin@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ** Small problem + BUG in 960501 **

On Sun, 5 May 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Minor problem:
> > 1. It did not "install" my ethernet card as 2.1 did.
> >    I had to add ed0 to the interfaces to /etc/sysconfig manually
> >    Nor did install record name of my node
>
> Hmmmm.  I cannot reproduce this error! ;-( It installs my ed0-driven
> card just fine, all 4 times I tried it.

    Same problem here.  I've only installed 2.2-960501 on my own
workstation so far, and /etc/sysconfig did not have the hostname set
(it was still "myname.mydomain.com") nor an ifconfig_de0 line.  The
install was done via FTP, so it definitely should know about the
hostname and IP address.  Oh, the defaultrouter wasn't set either, but
/etc/resolv.conf did list the correct name server.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.