Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:06:51 -0700
From:      James Earl <jamesd.earl@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding Sierra AirCard support from OpenBSD

Hi,

I'm trying to port OpenBSD's support for the Sierra AirCard's over to
FreeBSD.  I don't really know what I'm doing... but I just had to give
it a shot.  I have three AirCard 555's at the moment.

I have confirmed that these cards do work with OpenBSD 3.6.

I've basically focused on these files:

/sys/dev/pccard/pccard_cis_quirks.c
/sys/dev/pccard/pccarddevs
/etc/pccard.conf

I'm not sure if I'm missing some additional files that have required
changes or not.  From searching through previous posts on this topic,
it sounds as though one subscriber nearly got it working (see
Resources below).  I imagine if he had his hands on the OpenBSD
changes he would have gotten it to work.  I'm guessing this is
probably amazingly easy for somone who knows what they're doing.

My diffs can be found here:

http://urbanex.ca/download/pccard_cis_quirks.c.diff
http://urbanex.ca/download/pccarddevs.diff

I'm not exactly sure what to put in /etc/pccard.conf:
card "SIERRA" "A555"
    config auto "sio" ?

Upon booting I get:

pccard1: using CIS quirks for Sierra Wireless, AirCard 555, A555, Rev 1
pccard1: CIS version PC Card Standard 7.0
pccard1: CIS info: Sierra Wireless, AirCard 555, A555, Rev 1
pccard1: Manufacturer code 0x192, product 0xa555
pccard1: function 1: serial port, ccr addr 700 mask 73
pccard1: function 1, config table entry 32: I/O Card; irq mask 3fbc;
iomask 0, iospace 3f8-3ff; io8 irqlevel
pccard1: Allocation failed for cfe 32
pccard1: No config entry could be allocated

--

Resources:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/pcmcia/
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-mobile/2004-August/004657.html