Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 1996 15:09:41 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Marc Ramirez <mrami@cep.yale.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5-R and PAO package

> I just got my brand-spanking-new ThinkPad.  I've been using the last SNAP
> and the PAO package, but it just isn't stable enough.  I want to move up
> to 2.1.5, but I don't know if I'll be able to use my PCMCIA modem, etc.,
> etc.  Is pccardd and friends in 2.1.5, or is anyone working on bringing
> PAO over to 2.1.5, or do I have to go back to the SNAP, or what? :)

Supposedly the Nomads are porting the PAO stuff to 2.1.5.  However, I
must warn you that there are known bugs in the PAO stuff in both the
kernel and userland code which have been fixed or have not been
introduced in the code in -current.  But, on the other hand the PAO code
also contains some significant functionality that doesn't (yet) exist in
-current.

In any case, 2.1.5 doesn't contain any PCCARD functionality directly,
although it would be trivial for someone to build a set of patches to
add it in.

Nate