Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 03:33:05 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ahh, I think I see part of the problem.. (CAM bouncing)

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:
> >>Well, a page won't cause a wrap, but a single dma transfer shouldn't be
> >>allowed to cross the boundary.
> >
> >I wasn't trying to be that specific.  If you have the filter reject all
> >pages just above the wrap point, the transfer cannot span the wrap point.
>
> I mean the single page just above any wrap points.

I tried the previous patch that you posted but had a pretty spectacular
explosion on a BT545S..  It "found" devices all the way up to da11 (at
target 2 lun 5) and failed to mount root.  The probes were reporting
garbage..  Hmm..  Are all the allocations being zeroed?

I added a 'if (addr == 0) return (1)' type test at the end of the vlfilter
function, but the 445S doesn't work properly either.  Things get SEGV
during bootup to multi-user (eg: sendmail, nmbd etc), and the system
usually panics with a 'vm_fault on nofault entry' type panic fairly
shortly after that.  I suspect the bios shadow avoidance has kicked in and
a bug has been triggered (it doesn't work on the 545S at all, so that's
why I suspect the bouncing).

Cheers,
-Peter
--