Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:28:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help from samba/linux users

This may sound like quite a silly request, but it's serious.  I'm trying
to figure out what's going wrong with samba 2.2.2 on freebsd, and I need
some debug from samba 2.2.2 on a linux box for comparison.  If you happen
to have a linux box available to you, please do the following:

- Install samba 2.2.2
- rm /var/log/log.smbd (I don't want old log files)
- Set the following options in smb.conf:
	max log size = 0
	- Just to ensure that the log doesn't get truncated
	debuglevel = 10
	- So we have all the information available
- Start up samba, establish a few connections, run some copies to / from
the machine.
- Send me a copy of your log.smbd (gzip'd, please!)  I do not need the
host-specific logfile.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack