Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 04:40:41 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        announce@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   current.freebsd.org now "open for business."

The 3.0-current daily SNAPshot server is now in operation and cranking
out SNAPshots every 24 hours.  The full URL for the SNAPshot area is:

	ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/

And, unlike releng22.freebsd.org, previous SNAPshots will be kept
around for at least a week or two.  Therefore, if the users of a given
SNAPshot find it especially installable and "stable" (I.E. it doesn't
fall over right away), they should probably let me know so that I will
know to copy it over to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD and,
perhaps, also put it onto a SNAPshot CDROM (though no more often than
every 3 months or so).

I will, in fact, *rely* on user feedback for gauging this since
there's really no other way to know with a SNAPshot given the very
limited QA and testing which goes into one. :-)

Anyway, have at it folks, and thanks again to ACC TelEnterprises &
James FitzGibbon for making the resources available to do this!

					Jordan