Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2008 06:02:16 -0600
From:      eculp@casasponti.net
To:        Vincent Hoffman <vince@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can rsync with ssh be used on a non standard ssh port

Vincent Hoffman <vince@unsane.co.uk> escribi=F3:

> eculp@casasponti.net wrote:
>> I need to use rsync for backup to another machine using a nonstandard
>> port for ssh. 722.

<snip>

>> I've tried many variants but none have worked.  Any suggestions would
>> be greatly appreciated.
>>
> Hi,
> -e 'ssh -p722' should do it in theory
> I'm not certain if rsync over ssh honours the SSH_CONFIG(5) file(s) it
> should do though. If so it could also be added on a per host basis there.
> something like
>
> Host foo.example.com
> Port 722
> User myuser
> IdentityFile /path/to/custom/key

Hi Vince,

I tested the ssh_config changes and indeed they work beautifully and =20
give me an added layer of flexibility.  This certainly seems to be the =20
optimal solution for for different host configurations  without having =20
to change remote scripts.

I hadn't even considered it.  Again DUH! Hello!

I can't thank you enough.

ed