Date:      Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:53:52 +0000
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sebastian Chmielewski <chmiels@o2.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend and resume on Dell E6520

On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 18:47 +0200, Sebastian Chmielewski wrote:
> Hi,
> I've reported two bugs related to suspend and resume on Dell E6520
> (misc/161715 and misc/161713).
> First is that system goes to sleep only when key sequence like 'Ctrl-C' i=
> pressed after command 'zzz'.
> Second is that this system cannot resume from suspend. Nothing is shown o=
> attached firewire console and removing (or not loading at all at boot tim=
e) nvidia.ko didn't help.
> I've booted kernel without additional modules (I've most of drivers compi=
led
> as modules) but it didn't help.=20

Can I confirm that you have tried suspend/resume without any of the USB
code loaded?

If you set sysctl debug.acpi.resume_beep=3D1 before suspend, do you hear a
beep on resume?

Thanks,

Gavin

--=20
Gavin Atkinson
FreeBSD committer and bugmeister
GPG: A093262B (313A A79F 697D 3A5C 216A  EDF5 935D EF44 A093 262B)