Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 08:33:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wd discontinued? Was: Re: IBM Netfinity 5000 Problem (ATA Driver Bug)

It seems Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <200107032249.f63Mnpm38876@mass.dis.org> Mike Smith writes:
> : Following discussions on -hackers is hardly required for people running
> : -stable.  I had hoped that we'd see the last of the ata incompatibility
> : issues resolved (especially with such mainstream hardware) before 'wd'
> : was really axed.
>
> Also, there is no pc98 support in ata right now.  That's the biggest
> class of hardware not supported by ata.  luckily, there are many
> patches to ata to fix this that are floating around the pc98 circles
> right now.

I have pc98 support in the works, I could need a couble of testers
though since I dont have any pc98 HW here.

About the IBM problem, I have no idea why that fails, I need access
to such a box to get further with that, or somebody with access
and the right amount of hacking skills needs to get involved..

However the company I work for just went out of business, so things
are a bit chaotic here while things gets sorted out with that, and
depending on the outcome I'll need time to find a new job ...
I'll try to keep in touch but I might be somewhat absent currently
due to the state of affairs..

-Søren