Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:25:41 -0800
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
Subject:   Re: Telecom Italia, ADSL SMART & FreeBSD

i have been using telecom italia for the past 2.5 years.
i and most other people use external adsl-ethernet boxes
(typically alcatel and friends) with netgraph/pppoe on
the freebsd side.

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:01:22PM +0100, Eric Masson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to connect a FreeBSD box to adsl in Italia.
>
> Telecom Italia ships an ADSL SMART solution (fixed ip adress)
> which is "Classical IP (RFC1483/1577)" compliant.
>
> I've googled to find such a setup but no way atm (I don't speak nor read
> italian :/)

it wouldn't help anyways, the web site or the tech support have
absolutely no clue on the technical details, all they can say
is ask which version of windows you have and please reboot
your pc.

	cheers
	luigi