Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:58:24 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Oracle and FreeBSD on prod servers

  I need Oracle. I want to run it on FreeBSD. SCO version or Linux version,
it doesn't matter, but the application will be very important for our
business, so I need to be sure that Oracle not only runs on FreeBSD, but
also that it will be stable, really stable.
  I'd like to hear if there's someone who choose this solution in
production environments, with large and complexes DBs. I already looked at
Linux version How-Tos on www.freebsdrocks.com and
www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~mhmoolen/howto-oracle.html, and I'm going to
experiment by myself, but... You know, it's always better to listen to
other experiences.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it