Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 1997 12:49:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   REQ: FreeBSD in our life

Hello,

next week I'm going to give a talk on FreeBSD in the UNIX SysAdms group
at the computer center here in Bochum.
(history, features, applications, own experience)

I would like to collect some information on "real-life" boxes that
handle some traffic (mail, www, ...) (besides ftp.cdrom.com :-).
(Like a mail server with some (ten-)thousand mails/day)

Also I'm interested in "not-so-standard" applications with FreeBSD.

Finally, I'would like to hear about some architectural features of
FreeBSD (also in comparison to other OSes), preferrably with some
references (and understandable for a non-OS-designer like me :-).

Thanks to all who will reply,
Robert

--
Dr. Robert Eckardt                                                 (
    Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Inst.f.Theor.Physik, NB6/169          )