Date:      Wed, 08 May 96 13:19:42 -0700
From:      John Crosswhite <crosswjo@hpcvusd.cv.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Secondary EIDE Controller Problems...

My Config:

ASUS P55TP4XE
Using both EIDE Ports:
Primary   Port:  2 1.2 Gig Hard Disks
Secondary Port:  1 Toshiba EIDE CD-ROM Drive
FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE

My kernel has the appropriate lines for wdc1 and wcd0.  Both of which
are straight from LINT.  Except for the wcd0 line which, of course, has a
reference to wdc1.  Sorry, I am at work and do not have my kernel conf file
handy for exact quotation.  But, you get the idea.  Pretty generic stuff here.

I also have the ATAPI option enabled.

The problem is this:

At boot time when probes are taking place for wdc1 I get the following:

wdc1 not found at 0xblahblah

Which, I would take to mean that the secondary EIDE port
is not sitting on the default IO port.  Now, how would I go about finding
what the I/O port address is for my secondary EIDE port?  This is an ASUS
motherboard and I have done nothing to change any of its default settings.
(Except disk geometries)

Does anybody have a configuration like this working?

Thanks AGAIN!

John Crosswhite
crosswjo@cs.orst.edu