Date:      Mon, 06 Aug 2007 01:19:07 +0200
From:      Angelo Turetta <aturetta@commit.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Chris Billington <billington.chris@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Kdenlive video non linear editor port

Chris Billington wrote:
> Has anyone had any success with producing a port for the Kdenlive
> video editor (kdenlive.sourceforge.net)? It looks like a more
> sophisticated version of Kino, indeed the Kino main developer is
> joining that project.

It's indeed a totally different project from kino, based on much better
design (multitrack timeline, ecc..).

It's fun you ask today: I've been thinking for 6+ months about writing a
port for kdenlive, and yesterday I decided I'd give a try.
Not that hard, but the resulting binary has problems playing audio: I
guess it's a device name problem. All other KDE applications can
playback audio files, kdenlive not.

If you want to try, or help me iron out the last issues, you can
download the following files:

   http://www.commit.it/kdenlive-ports.tgz
(ports for kdenlive/mlt/mlt++, untar in /usr/ports/multimedia)

   http://www.commit.it/kdenlive-20070804.tar.bz2
   http://www.commit.it/mlt-20070804.tar.bz2
   http://www.commit.it/mltpp-20070804.tar.bz2
(source tarballs extracted form SVN on 2007-08-04, save them in folder
/usr/ports/distfiles)

Then, to install:

  #cd /usr/ports/multimedia/kdenlive
  #make install

I'm not yet sure what to do about tarball hosting, so the ports doesn't
fetch automatically by now.
Please beware that some dependencies may be missing (i.e.: it just
occurred to me that I've not put multimedia/ffmpeg among the
RUN/BUILD_DEPENDS, please install it before trying).
I only tested on RELENG_6/AMD64.

Let me know how it works for you

Angelo Turetta.