Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:52:53 -0600
From:      Erik E Rantapaa <rantapaa@uswest.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   threading options

Hello,

Thanks to all who replied to my previous question about select setting
errno to ECHILD.  It indeed was a badly written signal handler which was
not preserving errno.

I would like to inquire about what threading options are available under
2.2.X and 3.X.  I've seen references to mit-pthreads, user-level threads,
and kernel level threads.  Which option would you say is the most reliable
at this time, and where could I find documentation on these packages?
Initially I will be developing for 2.2.[5-8] and will need to use multi-
threaded Sun RPC (client side only) in this application.

--
Erik Rantapaa
rantapaa@uswest.net