Date:      06 Apr 2003 15:35:43 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Piero <piero@poprostu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port update: net/gnugadu

--=-IpsF2p/990rNASBipMga

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 13:55, Piero wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> This is my first rewrite of a port Makefile. Can someone look at this if
> this is correct? The original from CVS was broken and outdated (0.2.2 <
> 1.0.0).=20
>=20
> I put comments with questions into the file where I had my doubts. I
> would remove it before submitting the send-pr. It has been checked with
> portlint also and it reported one warning:
>=20
> WARN: "PKGNAMESUFFIX" has to appear earlier in Makefile.

This is fine.

>=20
> And please don't shot me right away if that's just a pitty.

Okay, a few things.

* USE_GNOME: gtk12 implies glib12 (you don't need both)

* USE_GTK: this is obsolete, do not include this (the updated GNOME
porting guide should say this [hint, hint ;-)])

* HAVE_GNOME:Mesound: (Actually, I've been told by one of the KDE people
they like esound better than aRts) All dots in the conditionals should
be left justified.  Feel free to then indent the if, else, etc.  Look at
bsd.gnome.mk for an example.  If you do want aRts support, you will have
to depend on it somehow

* HAVE_GNOME:Mlibpanel: You might want to consider modifying the
PKGNAMESUFFIX here, too.  Take a ride back in net/gaim's CVS for an
example

* defined(WITH_GNOME): USE_GNOME=3Dyes is obsolete.  Never use this.  You
should roll this section up under the libpanel thing.  Once you have
libpanel, you have just about everything that's GNOME anyway.  That is,
you have the GNOME 1 desktop

* port-patch: Don't use Perl here.  You want to define
USE_REINPLACE=3Dyes, then use ${REINPLACE_CMD} to do your regexp
substitutions

* post-install: ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} usually takes care of stripping
binaries for you.  You might want to do an install without this, then
run `file ${PREFIX}/bin/gg` to see if it's already stripped

Joe